This program will focus on positive youth development, growing in faith and life readiness. After the program your child will leave with a resume and a better idea of what she wants to do in life. The program aims at leaving every youth with a foundation of God’s love, better self esteem, ability to do an interview, and a general drive to do and be more in life. All books, and supplies are included. Each mentee will receive a welcome package with a journal and a necklace. At the completion of the program each mentee will receive a certificate, a t-shirt, and a bible.
Friday June 25 Orientation- Meet Your Mentors at 6pm- 7pm Refreshments and quick overview. Parents/Guardians are welcome!
Saturday June 26 at 1:00pm – class
Saturday July 3rd at 11:00am – class
Saturday July 10th at 1:00pm – class
Thursday July 15 Fundraiser Night at MOD Pizza – Just go to MOD, show them the flier and purchase your food as normal to support the program
Friday July 16th 6:00pm class and preparation
Saturday July 17th Community outreach at the MD Food Bank (20 slots)
Harvest fresh fruits and vegetables at First Fruits Farm, one of the partners in the Farm to Food Bank program.We will meet at the church at 7:30 am and will take off at 8am.
Friday July 23rd at 6:00pm – class
Saturday July 31st at 1:00pm – class
Friday August 6th Community Outreach at The MD Food Bank to Help (10 slots)
Help pack prepared grab-n-go meals for kids. Volunteers must be at least 13 years old. Meet at 7:30 leave at 8am back by 12pm
Friday August 6th Fundraiser Night at Cold Stone- Just go to Cold Stone, show them the Flier and purchase your treats as normal to support the program
Saturday August 7th at 1:00pm – class
Tuesday August 10th Prayer Worship Night starting at 6pm
Saturday August 14th at 1:00pm – class
Tuesday August 17th Last Fundraiser Night at FireHouse Subs – Just go to FireHouse Subs, show them the flier and order food as normal to support the program
Thursday August 19th at 6:00pm – class
Friday August 20th at 6:00pm – class
Saturday August 21 Formal Dinner and Certificate Ceremony starting at 3-6pm. This is a free event and guest tickets will be provided.
- Participants will be broken up into two groups based on age:12-17 and 18 and over
- Each participant will receive a welcome packet which will include a notebook, pen, folder and Bible.
- Upon completion, each participant will receive a mustard seed necklace, Faith Farm Academy T- shirt and a certificate of completion.
- The program will run for 8 weeks. Each student is required to attend classes one day a week, and meet with their mentor at minimum once a week.
- 6 Extracurricular programs will be offered: Music, Dance, Creative Writing, Self-defense, Arts & Crafts, and Mime.
- Each participant can choose up to 2 extracurricular programs.
- There will be a Formal certificate Ceremony at the end of the Program where we celebrate the closure and completion of the program. Dinner will be served and we ask everyone to wear formal attire. Free guest tickets will be provided.
Cost of the Program:
The Program is provided at no cost to the participants or the parents. We do however have 3 fundraiser nights at various restaurants during the duration of the program where we ask that you, your family and friends please support in order to be able to fund the program. All you have to do is show the flier when you make your food purchase!
Pastoral Covering and Church Affiliate:
Pastor Sharon and Robert Wilson of Do The Right Thing Ministry is the pastoral covering for this program. The program will be housed and overseen by Do The Right Thing Ministry.
Church Address: 5429 Park Heights Ave Baltimore, MD 21215
Church Contact: DTRTministry@gmail.com